I have already discussed about the effect prayers may have on us and our lives. Since ancient times it is known that prayers can positively impact one’s daily life, but only recently have scientists admitted such influence after conducting some research as I mentioned on a previous blog post.
Now, let me tell you why I am getting back to this issue and posting another prayer here.
Today, after reading the latest news on CNN.com and seeing all the horrors that are being perpetrated in certain countries like Syria and Mali, I felt specially touched and moved by the scene of a man crying at a site hit by a missile in Aleppo, Syria. I felt like doing something, I felt like helping him. I was so sorry for that man and for all men, women, and children who are amidst that terrible war.
But I’m miles and miles away so I am left with the only possible solution: to say a prayer for them and for everyone who is going through hard times in their lives.
Then, as I looked for something special to post on the blog, I found this prayer among my most cherished greeting cards, and thought it would be an appropriate message for those brothers and sisters suffering unthinkable ordeals right now.
So I kindly invite you to come along and join me in this intent. Let’s pray together!
“I said a prayer for you today, and I know God must have heard –
I felt the answer in my heart although he spoke no word!
I didn’t ask for wealth or fame (I knew you wouldn’t mind);
I asked Him to send treasures of a far lasting kind!
I asked that he’d be near you at the start of each new day
to grant you health and blessings and friends to share your way!
I asked for happiness for you in all things great and small –
but it was for His loving care I prayed the most of all!”
I wish our prayers could help to soothe their souls and bodies, bringing them enough strength to bear so much suffering.
What about you? How do you feel about it?
- Three Reasons for Boldness in Prayer (mydelightandmycounsellors.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Vigil for Missing D.C. Everest Grad (wsaw.com)
- Be in Prayer (sthaelrazor.com)
- The Prayer You Pray (silkmantras.wordpress.com)
- Keys To Answered Prayer Released (prweb.com)
- …prayer… (rosesintherubble.com)
- Power of Prayer (therealmalika.com)
- #Syria #Aleppo #Massacre LCCSY Aleppo Sfeereh Regime’s forces… (yallasouriya.wordpress.com)
- Syria rebels seize iconic Aleppo mosque: activists (dailystar.com.lb)
- Syria children among 19 killed in Aleppo (bigpondnews.com)